Wednesday, November 18, 2009

It's not delivery...

I love making pizza from scratch. When I make it, I feel like it's a healthier version of take out because I know what is in my ingredients so I can eat more slices. I sometimes still order delivery when I don't have enough energy or time, but it's so more satisfying when I do it myself.

Pepperoni, leeks and mushrooms. Chicken, spinach, goat cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and shallots.

I always get too excited and put way too many toppings on the pizza. I also make the pizza sauce using some sauteed onions and garlic with a big can of crushed tomatoes.


Kneading the dough.
I used to buy the pizza dough from a local pizzeria, but I've discovered that it's really easy to make from scratch. I use this recipe that I found online that has a pretty good description on how to knead the dough by hand. You can also do it in a food processor.

Dough that has doubled after an hour. 


 

Finished product. Ready to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment