Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Fresh Pasta


I love and can eat a LOT of pasta. I appreciate fresh pasta and after seeing a segment on The Martha Stewart Show it didn't look too hard, so I decided to tackle it. You can do it in a mixer, but I decided to try it the hard way, kneading the dough by hand. I would have to say that it was really easy and the results were delicious and worth it.

Rolling and cutting out the dough. This was really tedious because I don't have a pasta roller so I had to use my rolling pin. My palms got all red trying to get the dough paper thin. They say you should be able to see through the pasta after rolling it out. I'm definitely investing in a pasta machine.

One of my favorite pasta dishes inspired from Terroni. I make homemade turkey sausage with some fennel, sage, and a ton of garlic, dandelion greens and cherry tomatoes. The noodles take a minute to cook and were chewy and perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment