Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Meals on Wheels

 
I made one of my favorite Korean dishes last night, Kimbap, which is basically a cooked sushi roll. I have fond memories of sitting at the kitchen table with my Mom, making roll after roll when our church was having a potluck lunch. There are a few different ingredient variations you can play around with depending on what kind of meat you want to use. (Ground beef, steak, crab, fish cakes...)

I decided to use steak which I cut into strips and marinated for a couple of hours in sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic before grilling. Egg omelette cut into strips, julienned sauteed carrots, blanched spinach and sweet pickled daikon radish. (You can get the pickled daikon radish at various asian markets. If you can't find it, pickled Japanese ginger might be a good substitute.

 
Spread the rice on 3/4 of the roasted seaweed and layer the ingredients in a row. Use a bamboo mat to roll up into a sushi roll.

Created a little "Korean" bento box lunch for some lucky friends. Strawberry pocky snacks for dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment